Make a list of tasks that you need to accomplish for the week. The list needs to be prioritized; but first, analyze it for delegation possibilities. For each task, ask the following “yes” or “no” questions.
If the answer is “yes”, consider delegating.
- Is it repetitive and if you trained someone, you would have time for work that better aligns with your organizational role?
- Could it contribute to the growth and development of a team member?
- Would it would fun and interesting for a team member?
If the answer is “no”, consider delegating.
- Does it make the best use of your time/abilities?
- Can you complete the work by the deadline without working loads of overtime?
- Does it require your level of expertise?
Go forth and delegate; grow yourself by doing the right work and grow others by giving them a chance to learn new skills. You can learn more about delegation by reading the NEW mobile app that is coming to the marketplace in late February – Delegation: Giving and Receiving Work. It will be in the App Store and Google Play.